Tuesday, June 24, 2008

All Laced Up

Sometimes things just sort of “come” to me while I’m in the middle of a plan, which is what happened this week with my nails. I was planning to paint a harlequin design on my nails, but messed up a center diamond, and decided to paint over the whole thing with a wide strip. The plan then became to place smaller sliver stripes on each side of the contrasting center strip. Then I realized I may as well just make a small diamond pattern down the middle…and voila, laced up nails. They aren’t well-centered, as you can see, and not perfect, but kinda fun and funky. I think they’d look great with a nice burgundy corset…

What I used:

1 coat Zoya Anchor
2 coats OPI Designer Series “Couture” (pink)
1 coat/wide strips OPI “Wine Me, Dine Me” (burgundy)
Silver Stripe Rite for laces
2 coats Zoya Armor

I did the base colors first, with wide stripes down the middle in contrast. Then the “X’s” for laces were added, and finally the lines on the side to join everything together. This would be a snap with a nail art pen…a bit more difficult with the stripe rite brush, as it tends to get thick the longer you work with it.

Next week: 4th of July nails!

No comments: