Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dirty Sexy Money Dots

This week, I tried out Misa’s Dirty Sexy Money. Not only was it an insanely difficult color to photograph, but I’m not really sure it works with my skin tone, sadly enough. I have it on my toes this week too – pictures of those later in the week.

Originally, I was going to Konad this, and then I wimped out. I put these silver dots on my toes, and it looked cool, so I did my fingertips. I used a Nubar nail art pen – super simple, I love those things! I think white would have been better though - the white konad design I'd originally planned would have been excellent. DSM does match my countertop quite well though, don't you think?I used Zoya Anchor base coat, and since my Sephora order didn’t come until last night, I used my Nubar Diamont Top coat (thanks Lucy, for reminding me I had that!) – both worked much, much better than the Seche. Easier clean-up, less brittle, and no bad smell to deal with. A little tip pull, as you can see, but nothing too alarming. We'll see how it lasts through the week.

I have to say, that even though this color doesn’t look like I thought it would against my skin, I absolutely *love* Misa’s polish formula! It’s thicker (but not goopy), so it’s easier to control where it goes…I didn’t make nearly as much of a mess as I normally do. And this polish job is just two coats – and one would have still been perfectly opaque. I’m looking forward to a long and happy relationship with Misa polishes…

Later this week: toes and my new polish haul from Sephora.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Cute mani! I think it looks nice on you. I wore Sea of Cortez last week and it didn't look that great on me. But it won't stop me from wearing it!

Brooke said...

I thought those dots were little stickers at first! lol That would have taken a while to stick all those on huh!!


I haven't really tried my DSM out yet. I think I painted it on one nail and thats all so far.

Looks great on you! I like the color combo with the silver!