Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine Couture

I've had this design in my head for a week now, and it came out pretty close to what I'd envisioned. I thought I'd just keep it simple this week for my Valentine's Day Manicure.

I started with 2 coats of OPI DS "Couture" - a dark pink holographic color that I just adore. 

 
Then I used my white Migi Nail Art pen to put lattice on my thumbs, and white hearts on each finger. FYI, I found it was actually easier to do the hearts on my left hand upside down. Odd, but it worked. 
  
Then I put pearlized 3D hearts in the center of each white heart to finish them off. I was pretty happy that those hearts almost perfectly matched the base polish.
  
Two coats of top coat, some clean up, and here's what they look like in the daylight (all others above at night w/flash).
 
Super simple and subtle, but blingy in the sunlight! I do love this Couture color - I'd forgotten it was in my collection.

I'm not sure what's up for next week...any suggestions?

Happy polishing - and Happy Valentine's Day! :-)

1 comment:

Meg said...

I love that pink!