Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cherished Chevrons

The green continues this week with China Glaze "Cherish", a lovely green metallic for the base color. I've been having a lot of bubbling problems lately, and I really think it's my base/topcoat that are the problems. Must order new bottles soon...

I started with two coats of Cherish. It's an older polish, but I really just love the color.
Then I drug out my silver Stripe Rite bottle with nearly no polish left in it, and thinned out the mix with some "Renew" drops from Zoya (which work great, by the way, and I'm not getting any kickbacks for saying it). I used what was left in the bottle to draw loose chevrons on each nail.
To anchor the points better, I used rhinestones to each. I think they add a nice bit of shiny "bling" without being too overt. I anchored them in a thin coat of top coat, as usual.
Another coat of topcoat, then some clean-up in the shower this morning, and voila...a nice, calm design to counterbalance the very chaotic week I've got going on.
I apologize, but I wasn't able to get a clean-up video done this week...but it's on my "to do" list, so watch for it coming up sometime soon.

Next week, a St. Patrick's day mani...until then, happy polishing!

No comments: