Monday, January 10, 2011

Catchin' Up

Apologies for disappearing in December - the holidays sort of got away from me. So today I have a couple finished manicures from Christmas and the first week in January to show you, and then next week I'll have a new tutorial to post.

For Christmas this year, I used these cute decals from Born Pretty. Speaking of which, Born Pretty has offered Nail Art Tuesday shoppers 10% off your order when you use code: SQUOVAL15 at checkout.


The fun part about the Christmas mani (aside from those lovely water decals) was that my silver polish was way too thick. It was hard to work with, but it also made a 3-D, almost "fuzzy" line at the tips.

Last week I got some fun new Finger Paints polishes that I can't recall the names of just now (don't worry, you'll see them again). I decided to do a gradient with China Glaze "Tinsel" between the white and purple. I love how it turned out, very "winter whimsical", I think.

So that's what I've been up to polish-wise - next week, China Glaze "Dorthy Who?" and full nail stickers.

Until then - happy polishing!

7 comments:

summertime said...

wow this is such a pretty, festive mani. I really like it. Thanks for sharing.

Shan (Gimme That!) said...

love ur xmas design. reminds me of wrapping paper :)

Sasmita said...

Jamie, your choice of bright green & red is wonderful. That's what making this gorgeous! Love that Christmas design :)

LushCosmeticsLover said...

Wow! I love that sparkly design at the end! Gorgeous. I also love your background, its lush! :D

LushCosmeticsLover
I have just started a beauty blog, why not check it out?
www.beautyalwayscomesfirst.blogspot.com

LovingNails11 said...

I like your style. Perhaps you can check out my blog?

http://nailartstylez.blogspot.com

Tere said...

Nice job! You have many pretty nails in your blog.
I added you as my favourite :)

Celeste said...

I love this look :)!