Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Green Holo-Mask

I was in sort of a "green & blue" mood this week, and not all that awake while I did these. Still, I think they turned out kind of fun. I do wish I'd gotten my lines a bit straighter, but...next time. I love, love, love this green duochrome by Nubar - it looks more like a green jelly in normal room light, and then just shines in the sun. :-)

I started with a coat of Seche Vite base, then two coats of Nubar "Reclaim". Very smooth & easy to control.


Then a thick stripe of Avon "Empower", a dark navy jelly that was really the perfect consistency to stay put over the shiny green. One coat was plenty - very opaque.


I had some pink rhinestones just sitting on my tray, so decided to finish up with those. One coat of Seche Vite top coat to stick them in...


And then a couple thin coats to seal. I should have used wiggly eyes - they look like little masked fingers to me. ;-)


Next time I'll be more careful with the lines - no dozing off as I'm trying to finish up...

I have a new Zoya color I want to try next week...sort of a gray with bronze mica, if I recall correctly. Until then, happy polishing!

7 comments:

Miss Emily K. said...

Those are really neat! very creative.

it's just like my phone conversations with a friend. sometimes the most random, memorable or interesting ones happen when we're not really awake.... :)

Miss Emily K. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
naillicious said...

Really nice ! I like the colours you used!
xoxo

Opalline Star said...

That's really nice. And that Nubar is gorgeous!

Joelle said...

I love the green! its such a cool color.

GothamPolish said...

That Nubar is INCREDIBLE!

JĂșlia Morelli said...

Woow !!
Relly nice
See ya!

criatividadenasunhas.blogspot.com