Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review: CVS 6-in-1 Manicure Tool

I'm sure by now you're well aware that this week's been busy for me, as evidenced by my missing post on Tuesday (again). It seems like it's more difficult for me to stay on track in the summer, as there are so many things I'm supposed to be doing outside on the weekends and that doesn't leave me much time for photo editing. 

In any case, this week will be split into two posts - today's review, and tomorrow's tutorial. Despite the wrong posting days, I hope you'll still find them useful. Now...on to today's review...

The rep for CVS was kind enough to send me one of their 6-in-1 Manicure Tools free for review here, and it showed up just in time for last weekend's manicure. Yay! Of course I ripped it out of the package and proceeded to cut some longish nails with it.

The manicure tool looks very much like a Swiss army knife for nails. It features a nail clipper, file, buffer, cuticle pusher, cleaner stick. All swivel out very easily, and the silicone comfort grip on the clippers/top is ideal.
My one nit about this product is that the nail clipper is really too big to be used on the average fingernail. It would work in a pinch, but it wouldn't be comfortable to use all the time on my fingernails.

On the other hand, it's the perfect size for toes, and the grip is nice and wide, so if you need a pedicure tool, this will do that too!
Inside are the cleaning brush, file and cuticle pusher/cleaning stick. All are nice tools as long as you grip the main tool in your palm, and support the smaller implements with your thumb and forefinger.
A view from the back of the tool. Incidentally, I used this on my toes this weekend to set up the whole manicure. The tools all work very well - great file and buffer that worked well on my rough toes. The clipper is nice and sharp - perfect for pedicures!
The last photo is a pic of my thumbnail in relation to the head of the clipper - as you can see, the cutting surface is larger than my nail, which makes it a bit awkward. Men might have more luck simply because their fingers are larger.
I'll admit, I'm spoiled with all the nifty nail tools I have at my disposal, but this fall when I go on vacation, this will be in my bag, for sure. And as I mentioned above, it's *perfect* for my toes - exactly the right size, and I like the fact that I can angle the file, brush and cleaner stick out from the grip (because they swivel). That really makes it a lot easier to file, buff, clean and deal with the cuticles on my toenails - for me, that's what makes it a winner.

You should be able to pick one of these up at a CVS near you for $6.99, which may seem a bit steep, but considering the excellent quality and construction, it's a fair price. Even if you don't polish your nails at all, this would be a great set to keep in your purse or daily bag.

Thanks again to CVS for providing the 6-in-1 Manicure Tool for this review.

Until tomorrow night, happy polishing!

No comments: