Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Got the Blues

I tried the Nail Art Diva machine this weekend. It was fun for the first nail, then aggravating after that. It didn’t help that I wasn’t really in a great mood to start with, and wasn’t feeling terribly patient at the time. I ruined a perfectly good polish job, and fought with the thing long enough to contemplate sending it back. But in the back of my mind I knew I was just trying to rush things too much, so I’m going to try it again later, when I’m calm, patient, and ready to wait until my base polish job is completely dry to commence with stamping art on my nails.
So I went with ultra simple this week – as you can see. A stripe of silver and a light blue rhinestone in the center of each nail, to match this gorgeous blue polish I got last week from Zoya. My only complaint is that the Zoya Armor topcoat etched the top of the rhinestone, making it opaque instead of all sparkly like it started out! Memo to self – use OPI topcoat to set rhinestones on Zoya polish…

What I used:

1 coat Zoya Anchor base coat
2 coats Zoya Kotori polish
Stripe Rite in silver for stripes
2 coats Zoya Armor topcoat - They say to use one coat on the bottle, but I used one as a base for setting the rhinestone, and one over the top, as I normally do.
Qtica Half-Time Drops – I got these free with my Zoya order, and I have to say, they work *perfectly*…my polish really was rock hard all the way through in just 10 minutes or so!

The picture above is without a flash, the one below with. I’m still playing with the new camera, but these pictures don’t do justice to the sparkly nature of this polish, unfortunately.I got a few more new polishes last week, and an OPI pig from EightyEight Beauty Supply! How fun is that – pictures of her next week (fitting too - I do love my OPI)! OPI is half the price from there, so I’ll definitely be ordering more from them in the future. I also got my order from TrendyPrincess.com last week – rhinestones, a box to keep them in, and a little tool to pick them up with that came in very handy when doing my nails this week. She also sent some fun extras that I will have to play with later – some extra bow-shaped rhinestones, gold glitter, and pink hearts. Fun! I put links in the Nail Art section for the companies I’ve been buying from, if anyone is interested. I don’t get any kickbacks or anything, but I’m finding that it really is cheaper to buy polish and supplies online.

I haven’t decided what to do next week yet. If I can find the time, I’ll try the Nail Art Diva stamper again. If not, I’ll figure something out. I have the Konad stamp kit as well…maybe I should try that one out instead.

No comments: