Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Silver Flower Konad

I think the Sephora by OPI top coat is to blame for my recent "bubbling" problems - gotta get some more Zoya, I guess!

In any case, this week I found myself in a super-light polish mood. So I started with four coats of Color Club's "Runway Muse", which is a pearly white iridescent polish with blue/pink tones (yes, 4 coats - to get it mostly opaque). Then to really "bling it up", I added 1 coat of China Glaze "Tinsel", and spent too long this morning trying to get a picture that would show the iridescent colors coming through the glitter. I had no luck, but as you can see, these are super-shiny nails and I just love how they turned out. The bubbles just add to the glitter effect, in this case!

I got out the Konad again, and chose a very simple flower design just to add a little contrast, but nothing that would take away from the base polish. I think these flowers came out pretty nicely, though I still need to practice getting the images centered on the nails. I used the Konad special purple polish for the designs.

I did my toes too - a post with photos on that later this week, as well as a review of Suncoat eco-friendly polish remover (which I've decided is my favorite).

Happy polishing!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I like the color combo.

Boo to all the bubbles!!

Lucy said...

Very pretty and like the Konad .