Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bling Jeans

It's rainy and dreary this week, so I thought I'd do something blue, but with bling for an optimistic touch. I don't think it turned out too bad, really, and they're cheerful to look at.

I used "Skinny Jeans", a Sephora by OPI color for the base, which I just love. The photo above is with a flash, and that's pretty much what it looks like in the sun. Below is without a flash, and if I hold my fingers up to the monitor in the house, the color match is almost exact (even though the photo is blurry - sorry!). I just love polishes that are so different depending on the light!

The basis for the design is one I use every now and then - I call it my "nail necklace" design. For this one I centered the rhinestones first, then used Maybelline Mirror polish to dot the "chain" to the sides of each nail. I had all these different sized rhinestones, but not enough for multiples of the same size on each nail, but I like how they look in the graduated design.

A little bling for the week!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

I like you necklaces for your nails. The color is so pretty. Very nice.

Brooke said...

Very blingtastic!! Do your jewels last all week on your nails usually? Do you have to apply topcoat through out the week or just the once to keep the jewels on?

Jamie D. said...

Thanks Lucy! :-)

Brooke, the stones normally last until at least Friday or Saturday...and even then I generally don't lose more than one or two. I don't reapply top coat. I place them in wet top coat, then basically encase them in a thick final coat (which is why I buy ten times more top coat than base). They're tough - and sometimes I still end up literally prying the rest off the next Sunday. :-)