Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Clay Flowers


My apologies for the tip pull & cuticle line chips on the "finished" photos this week. I forgot to take these until the manicure was five days old. My bad!

I decided it was time to break out the clay canes again, though I'm not very good at slicing them thin. Here's what the end of this cane looked like before I started slicing it:
After slicing, lots of little flowers...
Then I started with two coats of Essie's "Angora Cardi".
Then I placed the clay circles. I was going to use two on each nail, but considering how thick I sliced them, I decided just one would be better.

Then I used Essie's "Secret Affair" and a toothpick to make dot trails from the flowers (I may have mentioned I'm in a "dots" mood?).
And that's it - two coats of top coat to seal, and clean up afterward. If I could have gotten the slices just a bit thinner...
 
Obviously, I need to practice more with the clay...think I may order pre-sliced next time. They're still kind of fun though, and I actually liked the 3-D effect on my nails.

My apologies for not picking up my awards last week - things were kind of crazy around here. I'll do it this week, promise...

Next week, I feel cloudy skies coming on...until then, happy polishing!

2 comments:

Recalcitrant Nails said...

What a cool concept. I've never seen clay used on nails (yes, I've been living under a rock and decided to come out-lol). I love that look!

Jamie D. said...

LOL - thanks. I'll be doing more with clay as summer gets closer...