Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Vintage Fishnets

I don't think anything could accurately capture this gorgeous robin's egg blue, but I love it! This week, I needed something super-simple, and I'm quite pleased with the way this turned out. Finished photos are without flash, "in progress" photos are with flash (which is why they look washed out).

I started with two coats of a new Avon color, "Vintage Blue". I got a purple and gray at the same time...love the muted colors!
Then I used my handy-dandy Cina nail art pen (bought it myself - and *need* more...I love these!) to put diagonal stripes over the top for a fishnet look.
And the finished fishnet:
Then for a little extra sparkly goodness, I put light blue rhinestones at each of the main cross-points.
Two coats of Seche Vite to seal, and some clean-up the next morning. I really like how these turned out, kind of sassy and subtle all at once.
I realize my thumbnails are super-short - I broke both of them off below my fingertip weeks ago, and they just finally grew out enough to cut off straight. With any luck, they'll be back to normal length in another couple weeks. Meanwhile, I keep jamming my poor thumbs on things without the nail to protect my pansy-fingers. *eyeroll*

Whatcha got on your tips this week?

Happy polishing!

2 comments:

Heidi Sutherlin said...

Love these! Oh, so very much!

Simple Beauty said...

Cool! I Might Try This Design!