Monday, January 7, 2013

Clean, File, Buff, Polish

It's been awhile, I know. Too long, really. To be honest, I lost motivation for doing much with this blog when it started to feel more like an obligation than something fun, and I hate that, because I do still do a weekly manicure, and I like sharing what I discover, new things I try (succeed or fail), and new polishes and tools I stumble across.

I also got really tired of all the comments on my tutorial photos - tired of snarky remarks on how messy they are, because that's just how I work, and it all cleans up in the end. But apparently there are some people out there who have no stomach for a less-than-pristine creation process. Which is sad, really. But fighting it just feels like more work, and sharing my process isn't any fun if people are just going to fixate on the mess, and not pay attention to the final result.

I wish I had time to do videos, but I just don't, unfortunately. So I've been thinking about all these things, and whether I should even continue the blog or just let it die a natural death...and I was very close to doing just that. But that just depressed me, really.

So here's what I'm going to do. Every Tuesday, I'll post my weekly manicure after it's all cleaned up, without tutorial pictures. If it's a design that might require a step-by-step, I'll write it out below so you get the gist of it. Occasionally I'll post a swatch manicure - just a plain ol' mani without any artwork on it, because sometimes the polish itself is enough, no need for adornment. 

So starting tomorrow, Nail Art Tuesday is back, with a review of some nail decals that were sent to me by OMG Nail Strips. A pretty favorable review, as a hint - if you like full nail decals, you'll want to check it out.

Until then, Happy Polishing...

4 comments:

Miss Emily K. said...

Oh no! i'm going to miss your step by step tutorials. they helped me with a few designs :(
This is a really cool new nail polish i thought you might like to see
http://www.thewonderforest.com/2013/01/china-glaze-tranzitions-polish-mind.html

Jamie D. said...

Sorry about that, Emily...but the write ups will still be there, and you're free to email me if you get stuck on anything I post. :-)

That tranzitions (sic?) polish is very cool...gonna have to find some!

Quixii said...

Aww, I'm sorry that negative comments are getting you down. Some people just don't appreciate the creative process.

I do know what it's like to be discouraged with your blog. I've been keeping my blog for about a year and a half now, and I just feel so discouraged because I still have less than 20 followers. It's like.. Why am I spending time writing this out and editing pictures and stuff when no one actually looks at it? But oh well. I still like being able to go and look at my past posts, so I guess it's still worth doing.

Jamie D. said...

Don't give up, Quixii! I think you have to blog more for yourself than others, and it does take awhile to build up a following. And now you have another follower. :-)

I loved your rainbow toes! I need to do something with my toes... *sigh*