Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Coral and Flowers

I was going to use my Konad stamp set last week, but got lazy, and didn’t want to stretch the polish job out over two days again. Instead, I opted for what I like to call “manicurist flowers” – those simple little flowers made of dots that it seems like everyone ends up with after a trip to the manicurist. They’re simple, easy, and I added a rhinestone to the center for a little “dazzle”. Not too bad, though I was in a hurry, so my dots aren’t all that straight.

What I used:

1 coat Nubar base coat
2 coats China Glaze Coral Star
Sinful Snow Me White for dots
Clear rhinestones
2 coats Nubar top coat (which bubbled…could be the Sinful dots)

I’m less than pleased with the Nubar top coat…the tips are pulling back already, and my index fingernail has a chip starting. I know the China Glaze polish wears better than that, so it has to be the top coat. Luckily, payday is Friday, so I’ll head over and get another bottle of OPI since mine is all “gooey”. I do need to grab some “non-big 3 free” top/base coats to use with my new Essie polishes, and I’ll be able to use those with my Sinful polishes as well.

I entered my Hearts and Pearls design in the March nail art contest over at trendyprincess.com...maybe I'll win some more nail art stuff!

I’m looking forward to greens, with St. Patrick’s day coming up. Maybe I’ll go green next week…

No comments: