Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gunmetal Dots

I decided to go dark for this manicure - with a little freehand experimenting. It certainly didn't turn out perfect, but not to bad, considering I used toothpicks to dot the design on.

I started with two coats of of Urban Decay's "Gunmetal" on four fingers of each hand, which looks more dark gray in the bottle, but is actually a deep chocolate brown. The remaining fingers I did in two coats of Essie's "Cap Ferrat".
Then I used a toothpick to dot/swipe a simple design from the corners on the Gunmetal nails with Cap Ferrat.
Of course then I dotted the same design in Gunmetal on the lighter nails.
Two coats of Seche Vite for top coat, clean up, and aside from a little tip pull, I think it turned out pretty well.
I'm kind of into the whole "dots" thing, so you may be seeing more of this sort of thing for awhile...

Until next week, happy polishing!

4 comments:

Meg said...

I like the dots. :)

Andreea said...

I tagged you for a blog award here:
http://frumusikapro.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-feel-so-good.html

Hugs, Andreea

Audrey said...

You have the neatest creations!!

You have been tagged by LeVernisChocolat with the I love you blog Award – and you are so deserving of it!! :-0)

http://www.levernischocolat.blogspot.com/2010/04/love-your-blog-award.html

Jamie D. said...

Thanks Meg. :-)

And thank you Andreea and Apaige2u as well for the awards! I'll collect and post them next week... :-)